Saturday, February 14, 2009

Guess What I Did For Valentine's Day?

1. I counted all the Valentine cards that I got in the mail. (Did you know that it takes no time at all to count to "0"?)

2. I waited for someone to return my call so that we could go out and have Valentine's Day Dinner. (Did you know that Cold Soup at Home is one of the easiest meals you can prepare on Valentine's Day? I'm going to can it and market it and sell it to recoup my losses. [See next item.])

3. I opened the box of chocolates that I bought to give to that person who never returned my call so that we could go out and have Valentine's Day Dinner. (Did you know that eating twenty chocolates in a row can give you a bad stomach ache?)

4. I bought 2 movie tickets online, you know, one for me and one for that person who I was going to give that box of chocolates to if he had ever called me to go out and have that Valentine's Day Dinner! (Did you know that movietickets.com is the quickest and easiest way to buy movie tickets, allowing you to avoid the hassles of crowds and lines at the movie theater?)

5. I stayed at home and wrote this post. (Did you know that the sound of a breaking heart is quite hard to hear because the rest of the world is shouting out to you, "LOSER!"?)

10 comments:

dannie said...

the only loser are the ones condoning to this greeting card holiday and wasting money on someone who probably don't deserve it at all lol so be glad you saved some money. that worthy man will come, then you will have someone to share that stomach ache with along with the chocolate, valentine cards and movies together.

Raven said...

You're not a loser. You're also not the only one who stayed home tonight and did home things. Here I am still up at 4 A.M. finishing up some writing that I was supposed to start this morning, but I procrastinated so much that I didn't get to it until evening. Now *that* is loser-like.

J.T. said...

Thanks for the support guys, but come on! This post was meant to be funny too, and no one is laughing!! You guys didn't think this was just a little funny?! Writing a romantic comedy is harder than I thought...

dannie said...

Sorry J.T. i didn't catch it at all. I was kinda confused =/

Luuworld said...

is this your idea of comedy?! it was sad.....

J.T. said...

Luu, I know it was sad, but if there's anything that I've learned over the past five years it's that you've got to learn to find the humor in even the most terrible situations. Being HIV+ does not necessarily breed lots of happiness and laughter, but I've gotten my moments of laughter out of it. For example, the pills that I take every day are blue and yellow, and I've thought to myself, "God, I'm turning Swedish." Stupid things like that make me laugh sometimes.

Truth be told, yesterday was sad, but I decided to try and laugh.

Thanks guys for caring!

dannie said...

you're welcome J.T. :]

I guess your humor is a bit different =/ just a tiny bit.

Joey said...

re: your entry - dude that blows.

re: your comment on Luu's blog about sharing someone's sadness and understanding them... I totally agree with that concept. No matter how much how happy a person can make me by being a good boyfriend, if he doesn't understand who I am, how I am, why I am the way I am, it's as if the relationship is for naught. It's amazing how many people just simply need to be understood. I mean sure someone can scratch my head and stroke my back until I fall asleep, or hold me from behind and kiss me on my neck, pick me up from work or cook me dinner... but if they know why those things make me happy, the better.

re: valentine's day - magic can happen every single day, putting all that pressure on one single day of the year is a little too much. every day can be magic.

Joey said...

speaking of... your point that the West puts emphasis on "making someone happy" being enough to make love work is pretty spot on. When you made that point about understanding someone's sadness as means to loving them, I was reminded of the korean film Three Iron.

CarmenT said...

Actually I got the humor. I thought the "time it takes to count to zero" part was the funniest. Good post.